From time to time IHAWKES will run training sessions on social media, public engagement and knowledge exchange.
Please watch this space for upcoming events!
The Institute of Health and Wellbeing, University of Glasgow, is excited to announce the fourth annual student led conference, taking place on the 6th June 2016, from 9am. And for the first time invitations are extended to students in other universities across Scotland!
This is an important opportunity for students to showcase their work to peers within the Institute and similar departments across other Scottish universities. The conference will take place in a supportive environment in which students from various universities across Scotland can meet, network, and present papers and posters. We also have two fantastic plenary sessions lined up.
Abstracts are welcomed from students studying in any of the following subject areas and other related fields;
- Public Health
- General Practice and Primary Care
- Health Economics and Health Technology Assessment
- Social Sciences
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Biostatistics and Clinical Trials
- Social and Public Health Sciences
Masters-level students (e.g. MRes, MPhil, MPH) and PhD students are invited to submit a 250-word Abstract for either a paper presentation or a poster. Topics for presentation could include:
- Methodological or ethical challenges;
- Literature reviews;
- Overview of your intended research study/ Emerging findings in your research.
Presented research can be in the early stages of development.
Conference presentations will fulfil the presentation requirement of the MVLS Annual Review process
Abstracts should be emailed to email@example.com by the 17:00 BST 29th April 2016.
Your email should include the following:
- Email subject line: ‘Abstract submittal – poster/presentation’
- Year of study (e.g. Masters, PhD yr1-4; other);
- Department and University;
- Title of presentation;
- Abstract (250 words);
ALL attendees (including those submitting abstracts) must reserve a delegate place by registering and providing your name, department, university and year of study at Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/
There is NO COST for attending this event.
- When: Monday, 6 June 2016 from 09:00 to 15:30 (BST)
- Where: Wolfson Medical School Building – Glasgow, G12 8LQ – View Map: